Palazzo delle Albere

This wonderful out-of-town residence of the Madruzzo family is called «delle Albere» because its avenue was lined by poplars.

It's a massive 16th century building featuring four towers on the corners and an opening with superimposed three-lancet Windows on the front wall, which faces the city.
The building was finished between 1550 and 1560, at the time of Prince Bishop Cristoforo Madruzzo, and perhaps designed by military architect Francesco da Gandino. Evocative cycles of frescos can still be found inside the building. The Palazzo was used to host banquets and tournaments in honour of princes and ambassadors during the Council.

(Foto di Gianni Zotta)
 

Indirizzo
Via Roberto Da Sanseverino 45, 38122 Trento
Collocazione geografica

Come arrivare

Tipologia di luogo

Immagini

Martedì, 30 Settembre 2014 - Ultima modifica: Martedì, 13 Ottobre 2015

Aiutaci a migliorare questa pagina

© 2018 Comune di Trento powered by ComunWEB con il supporto di OpenContent Scarl